Most people think of Microsoft SharePoint as a File Share, But apart from File Share, there are a number of ways organizations are using SharePoint. Here is the list of the top 20 use cases in my experience where I delivered the solutions.
- Document Management System
- File Sharing with External
- Content Management System
- Enterprise Search Center (Search the site to index and search all sites, including non-SharePoint sites of the company)
- Corporate News Portal-Intranet Web Sites
- Project Management with the Planner and Power automate PowerApps and Power BI.
- Team Collaboration workspace.
- Employee Self-Service portal.
- Business process Automation/Workflows.
- Expense Reimbursement, Travel Request, Leave request, and latter request.
- In the company’s Idea Management system
- User Learning / Training Management system with help of stream.
- Task Management
- Calendar Sharing – Corporate Calendars with important events and schedules
- Help desk management – Ticketing system
- Electronic Forms to capture and process data – PowerApps, Automate!
- Performance management system.
- Organizational Browser – People directory!
- Personal sites- My site!
- Business Performance Reporting – MIS
- legal Case Management
- Inventory Tracking
- Automate Invoice Management
- Request/ Change Management
- Employee Activities Site – Associations- Festival, Sports League, Toast Master
- Process Management, Policies and Procedure Templates.
- Compliance Audit management
- Room and Car Reservations
- Physical Asset Tracking and Management
- Contacts Management
- Leave Request and Vacation Schedules
- Records / Document Life cycle management
- Minutes of Meeting Management
- Digital Assets Management –
- Vendor & Customer management.
- Attendance system with Help of PowerApps and Automate.
- Tender Management